The best Smart TV deals for Black Friday 2023 will depend on the brand you prefer and size of television you are looking for. There’s lots of brands, but the most popular tend to be Samsung, LG and Sony, also the UK stores that sell them are diverse and include Argos, Currys, Very and John Lewis. Some shops only sell TVs in-store like ASDA and when Tesco have a TV clearance sale.
Black Friday 55-inch TV deals will be one of the most popular sizes, but also 32-inch to 40-inch for a kids bedroom, OLED and 4K Ultra HD (UHD) models for those wanting a better picture quality. Even considering something like a 65-inch to 70-inch for those wanting the best TVs for gaming and movies.
Best Stores with Black Friday 2023 TV Deals
When do Black Friday TV deals start in 2023?
Black Friday takes place on Friday, 24 November, 2023 and this is the official date, although many stores like to run their sales for a week or even a month. With this in mind, look at the Black Friday TV sale start dates for each retailer and you can see some of the main ones below on this page. You’ll be able to bag a bargain early on in November, so you won’t necessarily have to wait until the end of the month.
How to find the best TV deals on Black Friday?
There are many shops in the UK where you can find the best TV deals during Black Friday 2023, both online and in-store. You can avoid crowds and shopping online and in some circumstances, the only sales may start much easier than in-store. It’s also worth pointing out some retailers only offer in-store discounts on certain products, like ASDA and Tesco will offer sell TVs in-store. Here’s a few retailers worth checking out for the best Black Friday TV deals this year:
- Amazon: Known as a massive online shop that sells pretty much everything, including TVs. You’ll find various brands and many sizes of TV and they offer some really cheap TVs from Samsung, LG and other brands, plus high-end OLED models.
- Currys: One of the UK’s leading electrical retailers and they have a a huge selection of TVs to browse both in-store and online. Selling the most popular brands like LG, Samsung, Sony, Philips, and more. You’ll find lots of bundle options with TV soundbars and big savings during Black Friday month.
- AO: Features a good range of TVs from premium brands and also some that offer more features for a lower cost, like Hisense.
- Very: This online retailer offers a huge selection of electronics and their product lineup includes TV deals from a wide variety of brands like Samsung, Hisense, LG, and more.
- Argos: Lots of the TVs at Argos can be picked up the same day by using their click and collect service, although there’s a few more expensive and bigger screens that will need to be delivered.
What to look for in the best TVs?
When shopping for the best TV Black Friday deals in 2023, there are a few things you may want to consider before making any purchase:
- Size: The size of your television will depend on your personal preferences and of course the space you might have available in the room the TV is going in. Generally, go as big as you can with the space you have, especially when it comes to 4K TVs, as they have amazing picture detail and can be very immersive. However, get the viewing distance right and make sure you are not too close or too far away to avoid eye strain and stop bad picture quality.
- Resolution: The TV resolution normally means the number of pixels that the image on the screen makes up. Once again, more is generally better and the higher the resolution, the sharper and clearer the picture will be. 4K TVs have 4 times more pixels than Full HD TVs. However, remember that not all channels have the best picture quality available to stream or watch, some only have HD options. There’s even 8K, but again, finding content would be rare.
- Display technology: This will determine how your TV produces the image that you see on the screen. There’s a few display technologies available and some you would have heard of, some you might not, which include LED, OLED, QLED, and also mini-LED. There’s pros and cons to all, for example brightness, contrast, colour accuracy, power consumption and viewing angles. OLED TVs offer some of the best contrast and black levels, due to turning off the individual pixels where one others won’t do this and may not reach the level of darkness. QLED TVs are very good at enhancing colour and brightness, thanks to using quantum dots. Mini-LED TVs offer good contrast and local dimming, thanks to using smaller LED backlighting zones.
- Smart features: You’ll most likely already know that the majority of TVs are smart these days, which basically means you get to connect to the internet and a huge selection of apps and streaming services to expand your viewing abilities. It’s worth noting that while most are smart TVs, they are not equally as good, and you will find one TV could lack the app options and streaming ability another has. Look out for smart TV with the best apps and features you know you will use, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and more. Also, if you plan to use your mobile devices to connect to your TV, make sure your smartphone, tablet, game console, smart speakers and other devices are compatible.
Make sure you see the list above of UK stores offering Black Friday TV deals in 2023, which will be live over the course of November during cyber sales. Check them often for the latest offers and discounts.